Saturday, January 16, 2010

Find Out What It Means To Me

I know what I'm talking about, okay? I take a lot of random and weird pictures for a reason...I can see the potential humor in those random things. Some might say that my threshold for funny is lower than others, that I'm more likely to toss a chuckle someone's way when they make a joke. I, however, think this view is far too cynical. It doesn't give me credit for what I think is a more worldly, more evolved sense of humor.

A while back, I posted the following picture on my facebook page with the caption "Punk Rock Fork":



I was at work eating lunch and the plastic fork that I grabbed from the bin had two missing prongs, making it look (to me) like a fork doing the punk rock sign/metal sign/sign of the devil, you know the one:



...well, I caught a lot of grief for that picture. The general sentiment was that I was reaching. One comment read, "it's official. your mobile pictures are out of hand. you're posting pictures of garbage now." I'm not going to lie, I was a little sad. While I remained steadfast in the humor that I found in the fork, I did begin to question myself a bit.

Was I wrong about the fork? Was I reaching? Was it not funny? did the fork not
embody rock and roll?

And then...suddenly...There it was, parked quietly in pier garage in San Francisco. I couldn't believe my eyes. My own personal El Dorado. Like a shining beacon of respect and validation:



REDEMPTION!

I promise to never doubt myself again.



PS

3 comments:

Unknown said...

[citation needed] that was my awesome quote slamming your dumb fork.

Unknown said...

I think you should sue Hard Rock Cafe for stealing your idea. Know any lawyers?

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love a warm and fuzzy validating story? Rock on friend. Rock on.