Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sup with the Whack Playstation, SUP!?!?

I still suck at blogging.

Just look at my last entry. I wrote the entire thing in word ahead of time, formatted the way I wanted, SAVED, copied and pasted…and yet, the font on the bottom half is a different color. This was not my first error with the color…oh no. It somehow ended up a different color during my first try at that entry. When I was satisfied with the content and setup, I hit “Publish” and then “View Blog.” Upon viewing the entry, I the text color was a little hard to see over the background, so I decided to change it to a white so you could see it over the dark background (by the way, never had to do this before so I was a little weirded out to do it now, but that’s another story).

When the entry showed up in my wife’s Google Reader, the newly minted white text was not visible on the Reader’s white background. Ahhhhhh, CRAP! Okay, back to Blogger, change the color back to black. Does it show up on the blog correctly? Yes! How about the Reader? Yes! Back to the blog itself, scroll to the bottom and whaaaa….the last paragraph below the photo is a different color from the top of the blog.

Fine! I give up.

I’ll just try to make it better on the next one. I only have so much patience for editing and reediting over and over and over again. Best to figure out when you’ve been beaten and live to fight another day…or whatever down-home phrase that justifies giving up that fits you best. Don’t let it stick in your craw, you know? Yeah, I don’t either.

Now, why have I spent all this time talking about how bad I am at blogging? Well I learned a cool new computer trick this week….and by learned, of course, I mean that my wife figured something out and showed it to me. It’s called a Screen Grab. She learned it because she wanted to submit something to http://www.lamebook.com (phenomenal blog, by the way. More addicting than anything out there). Well, the next day she was doing some research at work and saw a funny case on her screen and I asked her to submit it to MPS.

If you’re on a PC, screen grabs are really easy. There’s a button on the far right side of the “F-Row” called “Print Screen.” This effectively copies everything on your screen. Then you open some graphics program, which if you’re in a pinch, just use a word doc. That’s how this entry came to be. I then opened it in a photoshop type of program, cropped the picture, saved as a jpeg, wrote a whole bunch of nonsense, uploaded to Blogger, and presto! I stole 5 minutes of your life and I’m not giving them back.

So check this out. I think that pseudonyms should be allowed in a lot of things…particularly if you have an embarrassing name or if your name or your business name will look bad when referenced, such as during a law suit. Such as the landmark 2008 case…



The joke writes itself, so I’m not going to bother spelling it out. So enjoy this brief period of self-restraint on my part.

I’ve now drifted onto page 2 in MS Word…so I’m going to get out of here.

(Ctrl+C, Switch Screens, Ctrl+V)...I really don't want to edit anymore.

Thanks for stopping by.

PS

No comments: